Pages

Home About Me Contact mormon.org Image Map

10/10/2011

Workin' for the Weekend

When you are going to school full time, working, and trying to maintain some semblance of a social life, weekends are the best thing that has ever happened to you. Seriously. So I thought you might enjoy some scenes from this weekend--which, I should mention, I found particularly successful :)!

 Started the weekend off early on Thursday by heading over the the soccer game with Erin. Erin and I are are both so busy, I hardly ever see her. It was wonderful to spend some "Sammi-Erin" time--even if we were freezing our butts off! 
You know, I wish I played soccer when I was younger--those girls are in the most amazing shape and are incredible runners. I might have been a little jealous...
 Got a little tired of eating oatmeal and pancakes Friday morning (I know, shocking!) so I whipped up a small batch of Julie's fantastic pumpkin muffins. Used up the last of the pumpkin though...we'll see how long I can make it before cracking open another can.
Have you ever seen this movie? Soo funny! Its supposed to be a "scary movie", but the special effects are not very believable. And the character development is just wonderful. I definitely recommend it if you are looking for a Halloween movie to watch without peeing your pants every five minutes.
Went for a run Saturday afternoon (6 miles + stairs) and I am really feeling fantastic about the race. I have less than three weeks to go, and I'm starting to think that I am definitely ready!
Made this gorgeous pizza--Thai Chicken! I'm not going to put up this recipe because its definitely not that good for you, but expect a salad variation coming soon!
Football game Saturday night...we are winning finally! Also, this picture isn't from this weekend--way too cold to be wearing a t-shirt!

Hope y'all had a good weekend, and are feeling ready to start a new week. I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment