Pages

Home About Me Contact mormon.org Image Map

10/06/2011

Best Friend Cookies

Good morning! The weather outside might be miserable, but at least I have cute rainboots!
Last night I had an intramural football game. It was raining. I played through snow, hail, and rain all through out high school softball season, so it really wasn't that big of a deal for me. And in case you were wondering, we tied 6-6. There wasn't much scoring on either side because the ball was too darn slick to handle! Playing in the rain totally made up for it though. Epic.

My bff Elaine has been dying to come to a game. She's from Louisiana--all they do is produce NFL athletes and shoot gators--naturally she would want to come. ;) I suggested that she come last night since she wasn't doing anything. Little did I know that the weather would behave so poorly! Poor girl was probably freezing her Louisianan butt off! But she stuck it out and cheered for me the whole time (and that's why I love her).

When I got off the field, I apologized for making her come tonight. Her reply? "Thats okay, you're going to bake me cookies to make up for it." Love it.

So I made her cookies. Apology cookies. "I Love My Best Friend" cookies.

It took us her a while to figure out what she wanted, but she finally decided on Orange Dreamsicles. These cookies are light and creamy, with an orangey twist (just like a dreamsicle!). Ironically, I had this recipe listed in a document called, "How to Gain the Freshman 15". Ha.

Orange Dreamsicle Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 2 ½ cups flour
  • ¾ teaspoon soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg*
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons orange zest
  • 2 cups white chocolate chips**
Directions:
1. Beat together butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
2. Add dry ingredients and mix.
3. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes. Makes 3 dozen cookies.
*I actually was out of eggs, so I replace it with 1/4 c. applesauce, and they turned out beautifully.
**Delicious with or without (we didn't have any...)!
Servings: 36
Calories: 147 (and you wonder that I gained the Freshman 15...)
Protein: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment