Pages

Home About Me Contact mormon.org Image Map

10/05/2011

I Will Survive?

Sometimes running is hard. a.k.a. every day it's hard. This morning I ran 8 miles, and it was the longest, yuckiest run I have had in a while. My stomach was in knots for the first four miles, until I ran into the grocery store on my route and bought a Powerade. I quickly downed half of it, took a short, break, and finished up the run. Man, I felt sooo much better! Apparently I need to start thinking about race fueling for New York. I called Mom and she said that I should be fine with the Gatorade stations along the race route. Which is good, because I have heard terrible things about Gus and other running fuel options. Nasty.

But at least its over. And you know what? Some days are gonna be rough. I learned that this summer when I was first learning to run long distance. I had many runs where I really wish I could've died. But then they end. And you move on. Today was hard, but tomorrow will probably be better. And the high you get on a good day totally outweighs the lows on a bad day.

Now I'm exhausted. And my knee hurts. And I just found out some bad news about one of my classes today. Hopefully I will make it through the day without having some sort of mental breakdown! :S

I have a recipe for you so you don't walk away from my blog all depressed. :)

Strawberry Protein Shake 
Ingredients:
  • 5.3 oz (1 serving) Strawberry flavored Greek yogurt
  • ½ scoop Vanilla Protein Powder of choice
  • ½ cup sugar-free Applesauce
  • 1 cup Spinach leaves
  • ½ cup Strawberries, chopped
Directions:
Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend. Eat. :)

Servings: 1
Calories: 186
Protein: 24g

No comments:

Post a Comment