Pages

Home About Me Contact mormon.org Image Map

9/13/2011

Whole Wheat PB Cookies

I am absolutely addicted to peanut butter. It is the most fantastic thing in the world! I think I would have a mental breakdown if I didn't get my spoonful of peanut butter in every day. These cookies are a little bit of a cheat, but it was one of those days when I have the overwhelming craving for a cookie.

Cookies are my other favorite food in the whole wide world, as Mom can attest. I can down at least four cookies in one sitting, and then come back ten minutes later! Oh gosh, I think I'm going to need a cookie...

Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from Caviar and Codfish
Ingredients:
  • 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 stick butter
  • ½ cup natural peanut butter
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 1 egg
Directions:
Beat together egg, sugars, and butter. Add in dry ingredients and mix until dough forms. Roll dough in saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-12 minutes. Let cool and serve.

**This would probably also be delicious with almond or cashew butter. mmm...**

Makes 48 cookies
Calories: 56

P.S.--totally just went and make some cookie dough. nbd.

No comments:

Post a Comment