Pages

Home About Me Contact mormon.org Image Map

9/22/2011

Study all Night Long

Ok, so maybe not that long. But still. Four midterms in a week! I have been living in the library the last few days, and I am soo sick of it. But at least I have happy snacks to make me feel better...

Overnight Oats = best. idea. ever. No mess, no fuss. I made a huge batch and took it with me. In this batch there's oats, blueberries, honey, greek yogurt, 1% milk, and almonds. I had it packed on the counter and my roommate was shocked that I could eat oatmeal cold. I replied that I could eat oatmeal all day, everyday, warm or cold. Yeah, it's that good.

Had to use up the broccoli. Since I don't like it raw, I steamed the "trees" then seasoned with lemon pepper.

It's sweet potato season! I'm a little picky about sweet potatoes...first of all, I don't like "yams". I don't buy the orange sweet potatoes. I like the more mellow sweetness of other varieties. I also like a sweet/spicy combo, so toss the potato chunks with olive oil and Tony's and roast. It's like french fries!

Last of the summer berries. :( 

Quinoa. Once again, Gift from the Gods. Cooked it in chicken broth. Super easy.

Haha. So I wasn't planning on taking asparagus with me to the library, but it was about to go bad...this morning I quickly tossed them with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray (0 calories. Check it out.), salt, pepper, and garlic powder. No the easiest to-go food, but still my favorite veggie!

Not all of these snacks are really great "to-go" foods. But bear in mind that I have been leaving the house at 9:00am and getting home around 8:00pm every day this week. So yes, I have probably been getting some weird looks from my desk neighbors. But hey, they are probably just jealous that their food isn't as delicious as mine, right?...right??

I'm so fried right now. But whenever I am fed up with studying, I take an hour break to head to the gym. Seriously. The other day I was in a PowerPump class (taking a break from studying) and at the end of it I realized that I hadn't thought about the homework I still needed to do a single time. It felt great.

No comments:

Post a Comment