Pages

Home About Me Contact mormon.org Image Map

9/24/2011

Baking + Cleaning = Stress Relief

It's been a rough week. The tests, work, and other problems have been building and stressing me out. Even though I'm eating pretty well this week, I have gained a little bit of weight. It's frustrating and I'm just so tired. So tonight I took a break from studying and focused on something I haven't done in a while...cleaning. It seems like lately I am hardly ever home so my apartment is an absolute disaster. And I'm gonna fix that. And bake "stress relief" cake at the same time. Hey, next to exercising, isn't cleaning and chocolate the best stress reliever there is? :P

Sammi's Chocolate Cake 
Ingredients:
  • 1 package sugar-free yellow cake mix
  • 1 box sugar-free chocolate pudding mix
  • ¾ C. egg whites
  • ¾ C. vegetable oil
  • ½ C. sugar
  • 1 C. Greek yogurt or fat-free sour cream
  • ¾ C. chocolate chips
Directions:
Mix all ingredients together. Pour into a well-greased bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Serve warm sprinkled with powdered sugar. I love to slice up the leftovers, cover them with foil, and stick them in the freezer. Then whenever I need a treat, I just pull one of these bad boys out! I actually like the cake better frozen--the freezer keeps it moist and flavorful even after a couple weeks.

Servings: 20
Calories: 198
Protein: N/A

P.S.--I ran 7.5 miles this morning. And now I'm going to play an intramural football game. I think I might pass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment