Pages

Home About Me Contact mormon.org Image Map

9/18/2011

Game Day

What would college be without football?? The first home game of the season was yesterday, and it just happened to be against our biggest rivals.  

Elaine, Kayla, and myself...super excited for kickoff! If you want to ready all about Kayla and how awesome she is, you should check out her blog. :)

Super stoked for the game, I packed all of the essentials: nuts and cranberries, a whole wheat PB sandwich, and my last nectarine--no stadium food for me!

Actually, my food almost didn't make it in.  I totally forgot that outside food wasn't allowed in the stadium, so when I saw the bag checker, I panicked a little.  You know, shoving things into the bottom of the bag, trying to cover my snacks up with non-contraband items.

When we got to the bag checker, he started searching.  And he found a tupper.  Of leftover eggplant!  I had forgotten (that seems to be a common theme right now, right? chalk it up to the fact that I have four--yes, four!--midterms this week) that I had left it in my bag when I didn't eat it at work.

The beautiful thing about eggplant is...well, its pretty darn ugly.  The guy totally made a face and was like, "What is that?!"  Hahaha!  I just told him that it was eggplant that I had forgotten about and that I would throw it out.  And it worked.  So everyone: if you are ever trying to sneak in delicious food, use an ugly food, like roasted eggplant slices, as a diversion.  Works like a charm.


Contrary to my food success, our team sucked. Hard core. It was super tragic and altogether quite painful.  Hopefully they will step it up for the next one... I can't sit through an entire season of insanely sloppy play. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment