Pages

Home About Me Contact mormon.org Image Map

9/18/2011

Eggplant Panini

You have to make this. Right now. This was seriously one of the best sandwiches I have ever made...seriously fantastic (yes, it is that good that I said seriously twice).  The roasted tomatoes totally make it--they are flavorful and juicy and really kick this thing up a notch.  In fact, I am so addicted to roasting tomatoes right now that I'm tempted to freeze some...I'll let you know how that goes (and if I can fit that in my freezer).  I'm going to have leftovers for lunch, and its sitting in my backpack mocking me, taunting me because it's not lunchtime for another two hours. But you just wait...
Roasted Eggplant Panini
(Mary decided to photobomb my food pic...)
Ingredients:
  • 1 medium eggplant
  • 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
  • 1 cup spinach leaves
  • 3-4 tablespoons mozzarella cheese
  • teaspoon pesto
  • 4 slices whole-grain bread
  • olive oil
  • salt
Directions:
Peel and slice eggplant in 1/4" rounds. Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Toss eggplant slices and tomatoes in olive oil; generously salt.

Roast tomatoes and eggplant at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.

When the veggies are cooked, take your bread. Spread 1/2 teaspoon over one slice. Cover the other slice with mozzarella cheese.

Layer on tomatoes, eggplant, and spinach leaves. Press in a George Foreman Grill for 1-2 minutes, until the cheese is melted.

Serves 2-3, depending on how hungry you are. :)
Calories: 330
Protein: 14g

No comments:

Post a Comment