Pages

Home About Me Contact mormon.org Image Map

9/18/2011

All Spinached Out!

So I love grocery shopping. The only thing is, I always
end up buying too much produce and have to get creative to get through all of my veggies. 

I got groceries this weekend while I still had a car. It was so nice to stock up for a few weeks...I'm really excited about all the good, clean food I'm going to be eating. :) 

Wanna know how much my momma loves me?? So she came by to pick up the car last Saturday. She showed up on the doorstep with a bag of veggies from my favorite store--Sunflower Market.


Best ever. I was so excited (only I would get excited about a gift of produce)! But seriously, it was the sweetest thing ever. I am blessed to have a mom that supports me. Love her.

Now, what do you do when you buy a ginormous tub of baby spinach that is going to go bad in a week? Make loads of salad!  Here is my favorite salad this week. :)

Fried Egg Salad
**This is a spin-off of a class spinach salad, only warm. and more delicious (mostly because I don't even like spinach salad. shhh...don't tell my mom.).**
Ingredients:
  • 1 medium egg
  • 1 cup spinach leaves
  • ½ cup onion
  • ½ tablespoon butter
Directions:
1. Heat a skillet on medium. In the meantime, thinly slice the onion into rings. Throw 3/4-1 cup of fresh spinach leaves into a bowl.

2. Melt the butter in the skillet, and then toss in your onions. Generously salt and pepper the onions; cover, stirring occasionally until the onions are caramelized.

3. Take the onions out the skillet and crack an egg into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper and let it fry in the leftover butter.

4. Pour the fried egg and whatever butter is leftover into bowl with spinach and onions. Eat immediately.

Serves 1
Calories: 144
Protein: 7g

No comments:

Post a Comment