Pages

Home About Me Contact mormon.org Image Map

9/12/2011

Rockin' It

Holy cow this has been a big week for me! Meeting goals is the best feeling ever...especially because it means you get to set new ones! I hope you don't mind, but since this is my blog I'm going to brag a little about what I have done the last few days... :P

First off, eight miles. Nailed it. New York is so close I can almost taste it. Its truly amazing what your body can do. Actually, its truly amazing how your body can adapt and become stronger. I'm loving that I can push my body hard and it responds.

P.S.--JCPenney is totally having a fantastic sale on workout clothing! Inexpensive, good quality stuff. I went a little crazy and bought three shirts and two pairs of running tights (for only $70!). I always need most stuff right?...right??

In other news, I also hit another goal this week: 30 pounds lost! Its been really difficult to reach this point because I'm mostly just working off extra fat (ew). I'm still pushing to get another 5-8 pounds before the race, but its definitely going to slower than this summer. And that's ok. I realize that I'm almost done--its scary and exciting. I'm terrified that I'll gain it all back. I don't trust myself that much. But I also am so excited to prove myself wrong--that I can be healthy and fit the rest of my life. I cannot thing of anything more wonderful than being healthy forever. 

P.S (again).--I'm too pathetic to hold this up which is why its sitting happily on the weight rack. Need to work on that arm strength...

1 comment: