Pages

Home About Me Contact mormon.org Image Map

8/23/2011

Getting Started!

The first post. My first blog. Talk about pressure! It's a little weird writing to nobody...hopefully this will change soon. :) Seriously though, I canot tell you how excited I am to begin sharing my journey with you. I stayed up until 2:00 a.m. last night working on it, and then I was too excited to fall asleep!

I never thought I would start a blog. I couldn't picture myself starting a "journaling" blog--I'm just too private of a person to bring myself to discuss every intimate detail of my life across the world wide web, where anyone and everyone can read about that time when I was super awkward (in case you were wondering, that time when I was super awkward is all day, every day).

I couldn't picture myself starting a "fashion" blog--jeans and a t-shirt. Exciting.

I didn't see myself as a "food blogger"--especially when compared to the likes of people like the Pioneer Woman or Perry's Plate

And before this summer, there would've been no one in their right minds that would've read a "health" blog written by me! Oh man, that idea actually makes me giggle a little!

Ultimately, it came down to the fact that I never thought I had any skills that could compare to all of the amazing people of the current blogging community. Maybe I still don't. But then again, I never thought I would become a health/fitness junkie and a runner either!

And now that I've gone through all of the reasons why I shouldn't be blogging, you are probably asking yourself, "So what in the world is this girl gonna bring to the table?"

I asked myself the same question, and this is what I came up with: 

1) Passion. I have a passion for living life to its fullest, accomplishing goals, and reaching my potential. 
2) Youth. I'm and young and inexperienced, but that just means that you get to learn along with me, instead of listening to me impart my impressive advice from years of practice.
3) Knowledge. I may be fairly new to the health world, but I sure do know my stuff. You don't lose as much weight as I did without picking up a trick or two. :P

Ultimately, I am just beginning my healthy journey. You will get to see my struggle and triumph as I work to develop a lifestyle that will literally last me a lifetime. Hopefully this is as exciting for you as it is for me! :)


4 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you Sammi! This is only the beginning of an incredible journey for you. Enjoy every minute. Savor it. Documenting your experiences will not only make you stronger but will help everyone who follows you. :) I wish I would have got wise when I was your age. Just think about all you'll have to offer in the years to come. I say this with tears in my eyes because you really are on the right track. I could not be more proud!!!! xoxoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere!! First I'm flattered (and stunned, honestly) that you would even put me even close to the same category as Pioneer Woman. I really don't know how that woman does it.

    Second... you'll find your niche. It sounds like you have a lot of passion and motivation and that will take you very far. Not only in blogging, but in life.

    Congrats and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I said "even" twice. That's how stunned I was. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen--You are so sweet! Thank you for all of the inspiration you have given me over the last few months! :) And I really am so excited that I was able to catch on early...there are so many exciting things I'm looking forward to trying. It's been great so far, and I'm thinking its just going to get better. :)

    Natalie--Thank you! You know what, none of us are really in league with the Pioneer Woman LOL. But personally, I love your blog better because I really relate to your food. I hope you don't mind, but I will probably be featuring many of your recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete